April 20, 2011

April 23, Erik turns 51. Woo-hoo!

This Saturday Erik turns 51. I'm amazed that it's already been a year since he hit the half century mark. Last year many of us surprised him with a huge party.  It was very special to love him like that - and to see the love his group home friends bestowed on him.  Sweet doesn't even begin to describe it. 


I'm sad because this year he hasn't been reminding me of his birthday. I know he would if he could because he always started months beforehand and made sure we knew it was coming.  I'd always ask him what he wanted and he'd say "Surprise me."   


But on Saturday we're hoping to go see him in person and celebrate. Probably in a slower, simpler way than we used to, but that's ok.  Until then, here are some pictures of Erik and his by-gone birthdays...

this was taken at our Dad and Stepmom's. They pull out all the stops for him.


at our house years ago.    Erik's face is so priceless --- I love his expression -- soaking up the birthday love. Our brother Scott is close by to make sure he leaves no candles behind.  Looks like it was a baseball party that year.


clapping, cheering~ He got them all.  He looks so young here.  haha, so does Scott!


now it's time to wear the Birthday-King crown our daughter made for him and -of course- tease the brother.  

Happy Birthday to my sweet brother Erik.  

I will give thanks to You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;  Wonderful are Your works,  my soul knows it very well.  Psalm 139:14

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Erik! Hope it's a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Erik! I hope you get to play Big Mike in paper football - we're rooting for you to win!

    ReplyDelete