October 24, 2011

Chivalry still lives.

I was reminded today by one of the house moms at Erik's group home how much Erik blesses others by being polite, especially to the ladies.   House mom Barbara told me that Erik watches for her to arrive at the home every morning just so he can jump up and hold the door open for her.  So sweet.  Isn't she blessed?  It reminds me of the countless times Erik has done that for me and every other lady he's around.   Many times over the years when we were about to dish up our food or go into a building Erik would say, "Yadies first" (L sounds were hard for him).  He would extend his arm and smile, urging the ladies to proceed as if he had all the time in the world and wanted you to feel special.  He's a gentleman and enjoys being one, even today with his faculties fading.  That just makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment