July 18, 2012

A great way to start the day.



I went to see Erik this morning at bit after 10 because I knew he was going to be visited by a friends from our church who had asked to meet him. I found him in his room like this:


Do you see what he's holding in his hand? I guess finishing that last bit of coke zero just wore him out. funny. 


I left him sleeping and went to wait for my friends.  When they arrived I told them that Erik was out like a light but we could go and see if he'd wake up.  We opened his door and found him was sitting up and smiling.   So we hung out and had a great visit.  I didn't know how Erik would respond to young children.  In the past he hasn't been that interested.  But he really enjoyed these 2 guys and their mom.  He kept wanting to shake their hand, played with his Dallas Cowboy balloon with them, showed them things around his room.  He patted the spot next to him on the bed and then put his arm around his new buddy -- giving me a chance to snatch this picture.   What a blessing.  They brought fun and joy this morning to Erik and to me.


2 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm glad those boys had fun playing with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Liz, it was such a blessing for us! Our hearts left very full. Mason was asking me this afternoon if we could go back and visit Erik. He said "Erik is really fun. I like him." Thanks for sharing your brother with us today.
    ~Joy

    ReplyDelete