November 24, 2012

Mr. Erik - latest news

Happy Holidays!
I know I've not shared much lately about Erik. There have continued to be good days and not-so-good days. Some days he often cries out in pain. And his appetite is hit and miss. Below, he had to receive fluids via IV and his hand was wrapped up.  I could tell the tubes confused him. He seemed to find a little comfort in holding onto his soft neck pillow. 


Another day I found him in the lunchroom, totally sacked out because of some strong pain medicine. This was the day I found him holding a teddy bear beneath the table. Erik never woke up to eat.


Here he is - awake, more alert, shortly before Turkey Day. 


Then, I found Erik one day sitting Indian style on his bed, leaning over onto his crossed legs and falling asleep.  I got his neck pillow and teddy bear and propped up his head so at least he'd get some support. How can he sleep bent over like that? He just does.

Thanksgiving Day we had a large group of family at our house.  Sadly, Erik wasn't able to join us. After our meal, sister Becky, niece Sarah, and stepmom Carol went to check on Erik. Sarah so sweetly helped him in the dining room.


And while they were waiting for his food, Erik held her hand.


More hand-holding with Sarah. I think Uncle Erik is enjoying his niece a lot.

Sarah hopes to be a nurse one day. She'll be a good one.  Erik is greatly on our minds this holiday and in our prayers.
Warmest holiday greetings to your family from Erik and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment