March 10, 2011

watch this movie "Temple Grandin".

Last night my daughter and I watched a movie that had me cheering for a courageous woman with autism.   The movie, a true story, was produced by HBO and called "Temple Grandin".   Have you seen it?   Temple's story is a testimony to those have special needs and struggle to live in a world in which they are not understood but in which have much to offer.  It's just a fascinating movie.  I also like it because it contains animals and cute western wear.    


I appreciated how the connection was portrayed between Temple and her college roommate.  Her "uniqueness" had scared off previous roommates.  But, wouldn't you know, the roommate she needed came - another person with special needs.  Seeing how they accepted and befriended each other makes me think of my brother Erik and all his buddies at Aldersgate.  I could write so much more about it but don't want to spoil it for you...


check out the promo for this film here.

No comments:

Post a Comment